Thursday, September 13, 2012

The "Coffee Center" Table

In a previous blog, I gave you a picture of a nightstand I was about to re-purpose. It looked like this:


After about four weeks of sanding, planning, designing and painting it now looks like this:




I wanted to give it a new meaning - not just a nightstand. You can place your coffee maker on top of the faux doily and the drawers can now be used to store coffee, filters, condiments, cups, etc.(or you can still put your socks and undies in there if you wish!) . The drawers are lined with a cute coffee motif fabric as well. The doily on the top is, of course, painted on and all the incredible detail shows through.

 This graphic was adapted from a vintage coffee sign


This coffee bean bag is made from burlap and has room to store towels or a couple of magazines (yes, those are coffee beans painted on there)





Here, you can see the detail in the doily - it came out exactly as I hoped it would!


I thought this fabric was super cute and definitely belongs in this piece!


I'm really proud of how this turned out and really like it's new purpose. It still needs some touch-up and a coat of clear sealer. I hope you enjoyed this makeover. This piece is available for purchase. www.etsy.com/shop/Dianasgrl

No comments:

Post a Comment