Monday, October 29, 2012

The only thing constant is change!

My life is ever changing - just the way I like things. I embrace change better than anyone I know. I think it's evident in my art.  There's been lots of changes going on in my life and it has greatly affected my output though and this is very frustrating. I still don't have everything I need to complete my secret dresser project (the antique white one pictured earlier). I did, however, sell the chalkboard frame!

Having to babysit my 2 year old Granddaughter 5 days this past week, coupled with it being her birthday for which I volunteered to make her cake for her party on Sunday AND having to attend a baptism for my great niece on Saturday which I was asked to make THAT cake for, put me waaaaaay behind on everything.

AND......last month I was asked to blog and write patterns for a fairly popular crochet website (www.crochetspot.com). That's going fairly well. I haven't seriously crocheted for a few months, but with 45 years experience, the ideas for new patterns are coming to me rapidly. I can't make the items as fast as the ideas are coming! Pattern writing is a bit time consuming though I have enough experience. I also sell my own designs on etsy.com. So you can guess that my head is spinning.

Tonight is the first night in what seems like forever that I've had time to relax (mentally). So hubby and I took a trip to the thrift shops - one of my fave things to do! I came home with this:


How awesome is this sweater??? It reminds me of one of my favorite artists work: Alissa Burke. AND I love checkerboard and colorful things. Now, this sweater is 100% wool. So I have the option of felting it but I'm really afraid of losing the sharp edges of the design. This will be cut to pieces before I'm done, but I don't know into what yet. I'm thinking of making the sleeves into leg warmers and maybe some sort of bag out of the rest. Any ideas? I need to do something with it quickly though before I get caught up in the upcoming holiday projects. Comments are always welcome!

Well, wish me luck. I need to go write a new crochet pattern. I'm thinking about a Christmas string of lights necklace. I'll post whatever I end up with here. In the meantime, if you'd like to see some of my new posts to  the new site, just type in my name in the search bar at crochetspot.com. Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment